Twenty-three-year-old Washington kayaker Sam Grafton is not your usual extreme athlete. Balancing working as an ER tech, volunteering as a firefighter and paddling the biggest water around, this quiet young man lets his kayaking do the talking. Since suffering a devastating injury to his jaw and extensive reconstructive surgery last year, Sam has worked hard […]
Warning: Illegal string offset 'woo_layout' in /home3/scott/public_html/coastmountainculture.com/wp/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-actions.php on line 725
Renowned free-solo climber Alex Honnold in attendance (Vancouver BC) – July 1, 2014 – North ...
WHISTLER, BC June 17th, 2014 – The Whistler Outdoor Photography Summit is back for 2014 ...
Two weekends ago, the Rip Curl Pro Tofino played host to a slideshow photography competition ...
For the third year in a row, Coast Mountain Culture is proud to be a media sponsor ...
Arc’teryx are excited to announce the opening the newest Arc’teryx shop in the largest mountain resort town in North America — Whistler British Columbia, just up the road from their head office in North Vancouver. There is no better place to open up a shop and we can’t wait to crack open the doors on June […]
May 06, 2014 – PORTLAND, OR – Portland-based Poler Camping Stuff, a retailer of vintage inspired camping gear and apparel, has launched its new vehicle rooftop tent: La Tente. With its construction of heavy-duty waterproof canvas, aluminum poles and ladder, La Tente attaches to standard Thule or Yakima bars and can be placed on just about […]
The time has arrived. The Party Issue is hitting selected outdoor retailers this Friday, and will be distributed throughout the Pacific Northwest over the following three weeks. It’s chock full of PNW goodness as usual. And it’s FREE…as usual. Some highlights include a skateboard retrospective by former Color Magazine editor Dan Post, a circumnavigation of Canada’s […]
Ok, let’s get it out of the way right away: $250 is a ton of money for a hoodie. We didn’t have to pay for it as we get free product to test, so don’t take our word on value or comparability. Those sort of tests take way more time than we have for this […]
- Tumwater Solitude: Video July 8, 2014
- Squamish Mountain Festival and Arc’teryx Welcome the World’s Top Climbers June 19, 2014
- CMC Sponsors WHISTLER OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY SUMMIT SEPT 11th – 14th, 2014 June 18, 2014
- Rip Curl Pro Tofino Slideshows June 10, 2014
- The Rip Curl Pro Showing Off Treasures of Ucluelet and Tofino June 6, 2014
- Arc’teryx Opens A New Whistler Store With a Cool Contest May 15, 2014
- Portland’s Poler Stuff Introduces the best damn invention in a long time… May 13, 2014
- Light and Technical – The North Face Enzo Jacket and Pants Review March 1, 2012
- 2014 MUGS STUMP AWARD OPENS FOR APPLICATIONS OCTOBER 1, 2013 September 23, 2013
- Summer 2013 Issue May 17, 2013
- Black Rock Resort Photo Showdown Winning Photos May 15, 2013
- Salomon Freeski TV S5 E15 Mark Abma May 14, 2013
- Wade Davis and The Sacred Headwaters: A New Post on Mount.ai/n April 29, 2013
- Off the Beaten Path with Raph Bruhwiler April 24, 2013